PCPD logo

Preble County Park District First Park

The first park managed by the Preble County Park District consists of 100 acres of mixed farmland and forest. Approximately 65 acres are still farmed and the rent from the farmed area is used to defray the costs associated with the property. The park is located 2 miles north of Lewisburg OH at 9691 State Route 503 North and is open daily from dawn to dusk.

About 33 acres are in forest and has been developed into hiking trails. A mile-long loop trail and several shorter trails are cleared ready for use. All the trails are marked by using sign posts with color coding.

  1. Orange Trail - mile-long loop trail
  2. Yellow - Old Oak Tree Trail - 1/4 mile long loop trail
  3. Red - Bicentennial Forest Trail - 1/8 mile
  4. Green - Cedar Cut-off Trail - 1/8 mile
  5. Blue - Old Orchard Trail - 1/4 mile

The remaining 2 acres are located at the front of the property. A farm house and some gardens in need of restoration are in this area.

The park is the Allen & Adaline Garber Nature Center and opened for public use on April 19, 2008.

An Eagle Scout candidate from New Paris Troop 13 compelted building and installing 10 benches along the trail in the forest for his Eagle project.

Some pictures of the property are below:

New Benches
Eagle Scout project bench

Forest Area
forest

Creek
creek

Farm Field
field

House circa 1900
house

House now
house

Botanical Area - Lilac
lilac

Botanical Area - Spring bulbs
bulbs

Botanical Area - Catalpa tree
catalpa